Become a Member / Donate
Scugog Lake Stewards Inc. Memberships and Donations
An incorporated volunteer organization, # 89254 7100 RC0001.
The Scugog Lake Stewards require new and returning members for their 2018 Membership and Donation Program to support their work for a healthy Lake Scugog. Large programs like the LSEP and Lake Scugog Research Project require financial support that your donations and membership fees help provide.
When donating, clearly indicate if funds are in support of the Lake Scugog Enhancement Project (LSEP) or Lake Scugog Research Project, to remain eligible for tax receipts. Other donations and membership fees are entered into the general Lake Stewards account to pay for organizational necessities like insurance, audits, bank charges, hall rentals and administration.
Lake Scugog Enhancement Project
The Lake Scugog Enhancement Project (LSEP) is an environmental improvement and dredging project for Port Perry Bay to improve water quality, increase boating access and economic benefits, and remove excessive invasive aquatic vegetation and sediment, enhancing habitat diversity and maintaining Scugog’s excellent angling.
Membership renewal and registration
Select your preferred membership category:
- Regular membership $30
- Business membership $100
- Receive regular newsletters
- Be notified of volunteer opportunities and events
- Voting rights at annual general meeting
Financially support important work towards maintaining a healthy Lake Scugog.
- Become a voice for Lake Scugog’s future.
Registration, renewal and donations
Register as a Lake Steward or renew your existing membership.
Choosing a payment method
Choose to pay for membership or donate through the Lake Stewards’ online form or by cheque via the post.
Paying via the online form
Pay for membership with the online form by following these steps:
- Choose whether to Donate Now or Donate Monthly.
- Enter the amount you want to donate in the Amount
- Choose which category you wish to make a payment for in the Fund Choose from:
- Business Membership ($100)
- General Donation
- Lake Scugog Enhancement Project
- Regular Membership ($30), or
- Research Donation
- Leave a note with your payment in the Message for Scugog Lake Stewards field (optional).
- Provide additional information to become eligible for a tax receipt in the Donor & Tax Information
- Provide credit card, PayPal or gift card details in the Payment Information
- Press the Complete Donation Now button to complete making your online donation.
Your online payment will be complete. Thank you.
Paying by cheque
Write your cheque payable to Scugog Lake Stewards. Include your street and email address with the cheque to receive your newsletter and receipts.
Mail the cheque to:
Scugog Lake Stewards
Port Perry Visitor’s Centre,
PO. Box 1282,
84 Water Street,
Port Perry, Ontario L9L 1A0
Donations over and above your membership fee are critical the Lake Stewards’ programming. Make a general donation or donate specifically to the Lake Scugog Enhancement Project or Lake Scugog Research Project, by designating your donation with the drop-down menu in the Fund field provided.
Note The Scugog Lake Stewards’ online payment program is supported by CanadaHelps, a Canadian online platform for donating and fundraising. Learn more about CanadaHelps by visiting their website www.canadahelps.org.
Questions or concerns
If you have any difficulty with this site or questions for the Lake Stewards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in working or volunteering with The Lake Stewards or joining their Board of Directors, contact President Barbara Karthein at email@example.com or call 905-985-0958.