Scugog Lake Stewards Inc.
Scugog Lake Stewards Inc. is an incorporated charitable organization. Since we began in 1999, we have been actively working in four main areas: Research, Projects, Education and Advocacy. We are very proud of the successes we have had. Some of our successes are listed in the section “History of the Lake Stewards“. If you are curious about the lake itself, you will find lots of data in “Lake Scugog General Information” and in “History of Lake Scugog.” We have a section on the operation of the Dam at Lindsay, and a special section on the history of First Nations in this area.
- 2018 George A. Scott Stewardship Award, given by the Durham Environmental Advisory Committee for “those whose efforts have helped maintain, protect and preserve our natural and/or agricultural environment.
- 2018 Durham Canada 150 award, by MP Erin O’Toole, for our partnership as a volunteer organization in the Lake Scugog Enhancement Project, our lake research, and our 20 years of work in the Scugog environment.
- 2018 Environmental Achievement Award, by Granville Anderson, MPP for our long term environmental work to help Lake Scugog.
- 2015 Individual Conservationist Award, Barbara Karthein, Kawartha Conservation.
- 2003 Dr. J. Murray Speirs Restoration Award, Durham Environmental Advisory Committee, for work or indivisuals, groups or organizations whose efforts have helped to restore and/or steward the natural environment.
- 2011 Mayor’s Honour Role
Memberships and donate:
If you believe that what we do is valid, useful and interesting, please join us. By becoming a member of Scugog Lake Stewards, you become vitally important to our organization. As an all-volunteer organization, we spend only a small percentage of the funds we receive on administration. Most of the money we receive is directed to either Research or the Lake Scugog Enhancement Project. Our administrative costs include accounting help, auditors, insurance, printing and hall rental for events. Please support our work by going to Memberships donate on this website.
As we move forward with the Lake Scugog Enhancement Project and the Stewards-sponsored “Lake Week”, we will need volunteers for sure. Contact us at email@example.com and let us know your interests. We will respond to you right away.
We hope you enjoy this website and keep up to date with our work by ‘liking’ our FaceBook posts which occur almost daily. Also, if you have questions, feel free to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.